This workshop will introduce the participants to the basic principles of animation. Participants will go through a series of exercises where they explore rotoscoping and pixelation techniques in order to come up with a short animated clip. The session will include individual and collective exercises.
1. Introduction to the principles of animation
2. Exploring pixelation and rotoscoping as animation techniques
3. Planning an animation timeline
4. Developing an art direction for animation based on an illustration style
5. Illustrating a frame by frame sequence and exporting it as a clip
– Bring your own laptop
– Bring illustration tools, cameras and/or phones